I love this quilt! And that says a lot coming from someone who doesn't really care for pink. I have a few pink-ish shirts that I wear to work sometimes and I always get asked if I'm feeling alright when I wear pink instead of my typical and more conservative darker colors.
This quilt just screams spring to me... the ducks... the sheep
l carefully cut to avoid any unfortunate fussy-cut beheading incidents. ;)
Each print comes from Laurie Wisbrun's Modern Whimsy line. She graciously sent me each print in the line to play with. And my goodness... sewing with organic cotton is amazing! It also quilts beautifully and crinkles up and is super soft.
Things I learned:
- I hate to pin when I piece but I made myself do it and was reminded that it's well worth it
- I despise basting with pins but I'm going to go back to this method. Pinning didn't take that long...
- I love my new Juki sewing machine. It makes quilting so much easier!
- I still prefer hand stitching my binding.
- I learned a little bit about the history of the quilt code.
- I love working with organic fabric! It can be pricey but it's worth it!
- Measures 44"x 52"
- Prints are from Laurie Wisbrun's Modern Whimsy line
- The batting is bamboo
- Solid is Kona Medium Pink
This adorable quilt is for sale here and would make the perfect spring baby quilt. I'd hold on to it myself but all the babies due around us are boys...
Linking up for Fabric Tuesday & Finish it up Friday!