Edited again... :) I have received lots of questions about the elastic thread:
- You can purchase it at almost any craft store that stocks sewing notions.
- Wind the elastic by hand around your bobbin. Don't wind it too tight; just wrap it securely without actually stretching the elastic.
- Only your bobbin will hold the elastic thread. Use regular thread for your top thread!
- Don't try to thread your machine and sew with elastic thread as the top thread... that will be a mess.
- I used elastic thread regularly and it has never hurt my machine.